Of course, my main artist (musical artist) that is influencing my work is Lady Gaga. After watching an interview of her, I realized how different she is and how proud she is to be that way. Her style is very out there and she is over all just a very creative person. I want my artwork to reflect her uniqueness and individuality.
I also think I may want to create some kind of pop art such as work done by Andy Warhol. I have always liked his work and found it very visually interesting. I think since Lady Gaga is a pop artist and he made pop art, the two may go together well. I also think I want to mess with the colors a lot in my final, to make sure it is very visually stimulating and bold. Andy Warhol uses a bunch of different colors in his art work.
I also did a little research of Lady Gaga for this project. While looking through her pictures, one of her photo shoots really caught my attention. It was named the "Hello Kitty Photoshoot" and the photographs were taken by Markus Klinko and Indrani. They were very different photographs, very different than any other photographs I have ever seen. They were very visually interesting and sometimes distorted. I want my final project to be very unique and creative and make a statement. http://www.fashionising.com/pictures/s--Lady-Gaga-Hello-Kitty-Photoshoot-3942-1.html
While doing my last blog entry, I came across the work of Markus Berger. His use of lighting and color made his images very sharp and very clean. I liked his use of color and how some of his pictures were mostly black and white with little parts of color to attract attention to those areas. I may want to use this idea in my final project and mess with the color and black and white to create a very interesting piece of art.
http://www.markus-berger.de/







No comments:
Post a Comment