Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blog #3






http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/archives/2010/10/baghdad-5-march-2007.php

Jeremy Deller
Bid Ideas: Destruction, War




This artist appeals to me because he has taken a real life object, a car destroyed by a suicide bomb, and put it on display in an art exhibit. Like the article said, the news reports suicide bombs on TV all the time, but the images quickly fade and are forgotten about. His art is a very important reminder of what is going on overseas and is prevalent to society today.

This particular piece of art is inspiring to me because it is a reminder. I think that most people here in the U.S. seem to forget that our military is fighting a very important war overseas. This piece of art is not fleeting as the news reports are, but rather is stationary and constant. I also find this piece interesting because it is not a typical piece of art and has a lot of significance behind it.

I wonder if this artist, Jeremy Deller, has any other pieces that represent destruction and damage. While searching him on the internet it seems he has a lot of different subjects of art. This makes me wonder if his Big Idea is destruction, or rather it was just the theme of the one piece. I am inspired by the Big Idea of this piece because I think it is a very important issue in the world today and is an eye opener to death, war, and other themes related to destruction.

This piece of art inspires me for my final project because it makes me think outside of the box and inspires me to use more creative images to portray Big Ideas. However, I can't really take any stylistic components to enhance my final project because this particular piece of art was not done on the computer.

http://www.digitalartsource.com/pages/artist.shtml
http://www.markus-berger.de/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markusberger/

Markus Berger
Big Ideas: Life, People, Destinations






This artist appeals to me because I think his images are very visually interesting. There is a lot going on and I think he really captures the essence of life and people interacting in their environments.

I find his artwork inspiring because I feel like his images clearly portray aspects of life. I love his lighting in some of the pictures, and some of his pictures are all black and white with one color, which draws your attention to the color. I also feel like he portrays certain emotions and themes throughout certain pictures, like loneliness and serenity.

By looking through his pictures, I wonder what big idea he is really trying to portray. I really think it overall has to do with life, because most of his pictures are of people and places.

The use of his lighting and coloring inspires me to be a little brave and maybe add some black and white or different light sources to bring attention to parts of my art. He portrays his themes very clearly which is something I can work on in my midterm and final project.







No comments:

Post a Comment